Tuesday, August 30, 2016

fifty-first day - monday - last week

Again I had to less sleep. Not good after such a weekend but OK life has to go on.
Flower at University


Today I had to delete one of the servers. A nice device if it's working.
I needed 3 hours to boot a Linux from USB-stick.
Sometimes the server didn't want to work and the other times it didn't want to boot from the USB-stick. But after 3 hours I got the solution: tell the BIOS that it should handle the USB-stick like a hard drive and tada it worked.
Now I was able to insert the command for deleting the server.
The command was
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda bs=4M && sync
After 2 hours the magic was done and the hard drive empty.
In the waiting time I read some IT news and wrote my blog.

The evening was like every evening. I talked with Christoph, Sasha, Annika and Clara.

No comments:

Post a Comment